Sunday, March 24, 2013

Newfound love

After a Facebook discussion with a friend, I got out with an old running buddy.  In total we were a group of FIVE!  That's pretty good for lil ole Jewell.  She's quite a bit slower than we are, but I figured it will be good just to get in some miles and chat with a friend.  I have had so many "therapy" runs the past 3-4 months that it was good to leave all that behind me and just get out and run.

I have also realized in the past couple weeks that I really need some accountability.  I need something to prepare for.  I need a race.  I have some unofficial goals in the event that we get some direction to our future, but for now I have nothing.  This was a "good old day" run today and it felt great!  I loved talking running with other people and not worrying about what was happening in my life.  I'm dying to get into a regular training routine.  I miss that.

We started out with a 12:30ish pace and after we left the big group we were on our own and finished with a 8:22 pace.  Ahhhh, I love to run.  I think I found myself again.

When we got home we did a buddy workout.  That was great!


Temperature: 28 degrees, wind chill 17
Weather:  light snow, N 10 mph winds gusting NNE 22 mph
Motivation level: 8
Energy level: 9
Today's Quote: We lose ourselves in the things we love.  We find ourselves there too.

today's mileage: 7 mile running
weekly mileage: 17 miles running
monthly mileage: 17 miles running; walking 29miles
annual mileage: 74 miles running; 51 miles walking; 0 miles riding; 0 miles swimming
TOTAL mileage: 125 miles

2 comments:

  1. You should come run with us when you can. Right now I'm coaching Team 12.4 so won't be at the Vardo runs, but they will give you a change of scenery and motivation!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, yeah I need a change of scenery. It seems like it's always an Ethanol Loop - 5 miles. Anything less and it doesn't seem worth it to even get out. Any more, and we're running boring laps through town. I'll kick this, eventually. Thanks for the support! I'll be in touch.

    ReplyDelete