Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Bugs on the windshield

I just felt like running all day today.  I wanted to get up early and go out for a run, but just couldn't drag myself out of bed.  I was missing the roads all day today.  They were just calling to me!  I even took my 8th period class out for a walk today.  It was hot and they were complaining and just wanted to go back to school? What?!

Tonight I got home and just wanted to sit, but the roads were still calling me.  Bill was gone so I had to make supper and get everyone in their regular schedule.  Finally after supper I asked Rachael if she wanted to head out around Ethanol.  She wasn't super excited, but she went and it was a good chat/run.

Pretty much the entire run I was choking on bugs!  Yes, bugs.  They were awful out there tonight.  I felt like a car windshield.  ugh.  They kept flying in my mouth and one even hit the back of my throat.  YUCK!

Again we had negatives splits on the loop.  I just love that feeling!
Mile 1: 9:49
Mile 2: 10:00
Mile 3: 9:45
Mile 4: 9:23
Mile 5: 8:43 Yeah, that's cool!
I'm starting to think I could maybe, perhaps, almost be a 9:00 runner.


today's mileage: 5 miles running
weekly mileage: 17 miles running
monthly mileage: 34 miles running
annual mileage: 435 miles running; 415 miles riding; 10.6875 miles swimming
TOTAL mileage: 860

No comments:

Post a Comment