Monday, October 15, 2012

Putting the sun to bed

I have been gone for the past 5 days to meetings and conferences so running has really been put on the back burner.  Because of all this, I have had to sit and be sedentary and eat lots of great food provided at the luncheons and breakfasts.  Yes, I know I could have declined, but I really have no will power at all when good food is put in front of me.  So, needless to say I have gained at least a pound a day with all these meetings and conferences.

Tonight I got home from the last conference day, and comparatively early I might add!  I walked in the door and Bill said, "OK, Mommy and Daddy are going running..."  What?  We are?  ok, I guess.  How far are we going?  12 miles?!  I know we missed the long weekend run, but we should be tapering to Sunday's half marathon now.  This could be interesting!

It was a beautiful night.  Mostly clear skies, light cooling breeze from the SSE, and a magnificent sunset.  About mile 7 we watched the sun go down behind the horizon.  I knew it would get cooler, but it was still relaxing and beautiful to see the sunset.  What a great way to close out the evening.  What a great way to finish up the last long run before Bill's big event!  What a great way to end a long week, albeit Monday.



today's mileage: 15 miles running
weekly mileage: 15 miles running
monthly mileage: 30 miles running
annual mileage: 482 miles running; 415 miles riding; 10.6875 miles swimming
TOTAL mileage: 903

No comments:

Post a Comment