Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Operator, I Need an Exit

I am a little embarrassed that this is the middle of the month and I am only on my second run.  Marathon training isn't going so well.  On the flip side, a therapy session was definitely needed.  I have been feeling quite stressed lately, as if I was in the Matrix with my specially-issued cell phone talking to the operator, running from agents, looking for an exit.  Running is my exit.

As I mentioned in my last post, running has become a therapy session to air my emotional baggage.  I leave the house stressed and feeling like I can't go on, but return home cleansed and with a little more room to continue moving forward.  I need that.  I know this will all pass it will be better in the end.  Hindsight I look back and say, that wasn't so bad.  Day-by-day it is getting a lot to handle.  Running helps to alleviate some of that.

Today was a beautiful run.  Bill has been a steadfast support for me and keeps me going.  While I have not been super motivated, I enjoyed getting outside today in the beautiful weather.  I felt strong and like I could have easily gone a few more miles when we finished.  We had a strong run, mostly all under 10:00.  We even had a couple miles under 9:40.  Yeah us!

Temperature: 41 degrees
Weather: beautiful, light breeze, sunny
Motivation level: 5
Energy level: 8
Today's Quote: Be kind for everyone you meet is fighting a battle you nothing about.


today's mileage: 5 mile running
weekly mileage: 5 miles running
monthly mileage: 10 miles running; 3/28
annual mileage: 48 miles running; 34 miles walking; 0 miles riding; 0 miles swimming
TOTAL mileage: 82 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment