Tuesday, April 2, 2013

It's a Wonderful Life

What a beautiful afternoon for a run.  OK so it was a little cool.  I wore capri tights and a tank top anyway.  I was a little cool, but it was perfect!

We've had some horrible bombshells dropped on us the past 4 months and the most recent has made us appreciate what we have.  Our run conversation focused on this.  While there is icky stuff happening in our lives, we appreciate where we are and what we are able to do in spite of it all!

Rachael has been pushing me to do some exercises with her in the evenings.  It's a different one each time and the last one really shocked my muscles.  Holy cow!  My calves have hurt for the past couple of days.  I had to get out and get a run in to work out the kinks.  I didn't want to do 5 miles, but I did want to get out.  We ended up with 4.

The run started with 10:41and I felt like I was pulling Bill along the entire way.  We finished with a 8:31 pace, however.  Yeah, that's what I like.  Life is good.


Temperature: 44 degrees
Weather:  light winds, wind chill 36
Motivation level: 7
Energy level: 8
Today's Quote: That's the thing about running; your greatest runs are rarely measured by race success.  They are moments in time which allow you to see how wonderful your life is.

today's mileage: 4 mile running
weekly mileage: 4 miles running
monthly mileage: 4 miles running; walking 3 miles
annual mileage: 93 miles running; 90 miles walking; 0 miles riding; 0 miles swimming
TOTAL mileage: 183 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment