Sunday, May 19, 2013

The First 10 Steps

The first ten steps.  That's when I know how the entire run will go.  Doesn't matter if it's 3 miles or 20 miles, the first ten steps tells me.  Today?  It was an amazing 10 steps.

My last run I wanted to stop a million times.  It was all I could do to push myself through the five miles.  Today I wanted to stop a few times, but it was a great feeling to keep going.  We started off with a 10:21 pace and ended nearly a minute faster.  I love those runs.  We sprinted what I'm guessing was well under 9:00 minute pace.

Once we got to Ellsworth we were at 3.5 miles.  I asked them if they wanted to go 7 or 8 today.  Rachael said, "I just want to run."  After some discussion we decided to just turn around and complete 7.  Later when I wanted to walk, I felt like Team Hoyt, where I was out there for my child who loved every minute of the freedom of being outside.  I could endure pain and strife for the love of my child.  Keep me going Rachael....


Temperature: 67 degrees
Weather:  winds SSE 18, overcast, humidity 92%
Motivation level: 9
Energy level: 8
Today's Quote: "Every mile begins with a single step."

today's mileage: 7 mile running
weekly mileage: 7 miles running
monthly mileage: 12 miles running; 35 miles walking; 20 miles riding
annual mileage: 121 miles running; 185 miles walking; 30 miles riding; 0 miles swimming
TOTAL mileage: 336 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment