Monday, May 27, 2013

I am stronger than you!

This year has been my mid-life crisis I think.  I am anticipating at least another year worse than this one however.  Maybe that's pessimistic thinking, but it's my reality.  I feel so stressed pretty much all the time and keep getting knocked down even more.  Today I was went out to conquer my stress!

The stress has been preventing me from many things I love doing.  It has also prevented me from running all my runs, and running through negative thoughts.  Today no matter how much I wanted to give up, I just kept repeating to myself, "I am stronger than you! I will conquer you!"

I originally set out to do 8, but I knew I hadn't run for awhile, ok 8 days.  So, when I was struggling after the first mile I figured I'd do my usual 5 and be done.  The heat was the hottest it's been since last fall so that was wearing on me too.  I know I know, another excuse.  I did complete the 5, running each step of it!



Temperature: 74 degrees
Weather:  winds SE 45, overcast, humidity 62%, flash flood warning
Motivation level: 9
Energy level: 5
Today's Quote: "Running is like mouthwash; if you can feel the burn it's working."

today's mileage: 5 mile running
weekly mileage: 5 miles running
monthly mileage: 17 miles running; 51 miles walking; 20 miles riding
annual mileage: 126 miles running; 201 miles walking; 30 miles riding; 0 miles swimming
TOTAL mileage: 357 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment