Monday, June 3, 2013

Bonding

One thing I love about running is that my daughter enjoys it too.  This night she asked if I would bike with her.  It wasn't a hard work out, just she and I biking casually through town, up and down the streets, chatting.  I love these times and miss marathon training with her.  She talks about anything and everything and I really get to see who she really is.  I love this time together.  It makes me happy!

The next day Bill asked if I wanted to do a quick Ethanol Loop on the bike.  Rachael wanted to join too.  This was another time to enjoy quietly with the family.  Bill and I were on our road bikes and Rachael was on her mountain bike.  We didn't put on biking gear (other than helmets) and just headed out.  We went slowly, but she was keeping up quite well!  At about mile 2 she said, "I realize now why bike shorts are important!"  I love my family and really just want to be this happy all the time!


Temperature: 64 degrees
Weather:  winds S 15, overcast
Motivation level: 9
Energy level: 5
Today's Quote: "Believe in yourself and all that you are.  Know that there is something inside you that is greater than any obstacle."


today's mileage: 3 + 5 mile biking
weekly mileage: 8 miles biking
monthly mileage: 0 miles running; 7 miles walking; 8 miles riding
annual mileage: 126 miles running; 207 miles walking; 38 miles riding; 0 miles swimming
TOTAL mileage: 357 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment