Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Mixed up days

What?!  That was my first reaction this morning about an hour after I woke up realizing today was NOT the day of the tri; it's tomorrow! DOH!  Good news: we got another training swim in today.

Another chance to swim is good since this is only the second day of the year we have been in the water.  Bill is still very nervous, but I think he is gaining confidence so that's good! :)

Again, my focus was on breathing and rotating in the water.  I think I did a better job of this today, but had problems taking in water and also with water getting in my ears.  I don't know if it was just the day or what was going on, but I also noticed I rotate more on my left side breathing than I do on my right.  I'm closer to 90 degree on my left and more like 45 on my right, at least that's how I feel I am doing.  I just might need another training session with Mr and Mrs Vardotrichic.

I also woke up this morning, weighed myself for the first time in 2 weeks and discovered that I lost about 6 pounds.  This is almost shocking as I really ate a lot of junk food.  The last week I tried to eat less and do a plank a day.  Last night Rachael started up her core exercises again.  Good to start getting back in the swing of things.  I hope this momentum lasts!


Temperature: 84 degrees
Weather: scattered clouds, winds SSE 16
Motivation level: 9
Energy level: 9
Today's Quote: "In life we need to hold on tight and let someone else carry us for awhile."

today's mileage: 750m swimming; 1 mile walking
weekly mileage: 1250m swimming; 19 miles walking/hiking
monthly mileage: 3 miles running; 25 miles walking; 5 miles riding; 1250m swimming
annual mileage: 126 miles running; 207 miles walking; 43 miles riding; .78125 miles swimming
TOTAL mileage: 357 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment