Saturday, December 29, 2012

fat Yak run

We have both been at our highest weight ever so the 27 day break was finally over.  We had every excuse in the world to not run and just sit around this month: too tired, too much homework, too stressed, lost a job, too busy, have to go Christmas shopping, have to bake, too cold, too snowy, too..., have to...

Today we pulled out the Yak Trax we bought on a garage sale for a steal this summer.   It was snowing, cold, and mildly icy on the streets.  I knew we (oh who am I kidding?  I ) couldn't go more than 3-4 miles so we headed out for a "quick" run.  Of course we started off way too fast, but we did manage to keep our pace under 10:00.  My HR was at 90% by then end; I was really working to finish that run.  I took along a bottle of gatorade, but only got about 1/2 of it before it got slushy frozen in the nozzle.

Yak Trax review - I really liked them.  It was weird at first.  I thought it would be more noticeable running on them, but it didn't bother me at all.  They didn't slip  or shift on the shoes.  As a matter of fact, it was a little tricky getting them on!  I felt like I was really stretching them.  Getting them off was easier than getting them on.  When we were on an icy patch we were able to grip the surface without any problems.  I didn't feel like I had to watch where I was running or landing my foot.  Overall, I would give them an 4.5 stars.  :)


today's mileage: 3 miles running
weekly mileage: 3 miles running
monthly mileage: 13 miles running
annual mileage: 556 miles running; 415 miles riding; 10.6875 miles swimming
TOTAL mileage: 967

1 comment:

  1. There is only one thing to do...Make a new ending!!

    "Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~Anonymous

    ReplyDelete