Sunday, December 2, 2012

It's over!

I think that was seriously the worst run I've had in months!  I probably should have abandoned it early, but I pushed through thinking it would get better.  As I mentioned I've had bad beginnings, but then it gets better around mile 3 and I feel like I can go forever after that.  Ick.  It got better around 3 again, but then transgressed around miles 5.

It's a good think I had company.  Rachael and Bill kept me going.  I kept thinking if Bill quits, I'll go with him.  He never quit!  Rachael kept chattering nonstop which was really good distraction for me.  We walked a bit around mile 2.5 and then a potty break around mile 5.  Bill and Rachael raced the last 1/4 mile.  About mile 8 my groin muscle started stinging me again so I slowed down hoping that would help, but it only got worse.  Again I almost stopped, but to be sure I wouldn't hurt myself, rather than out of fatigue.

Yep, glad to be at the finish line today.  I made it - all 10 miles of it!
Silver lining? 58 degrees and sunny on December 2!  It was beautiful weather to run.  We had shorts and a tank shirt.  Crazy.  Snow next week.


today's mileage: 10 miles running
weekly mileage: 10 miles running
monthly mileage: 10 miles running
annual mileage: 553 miles running; 415 miles riding; 10.6875 miles swimming
TOTAL mileage: 964

1 comment:

  1. Oh, so I was supposed to quit? Why didn't you just say so? :-) I think that couple miles of gravel at the beginning got us off to a rough start, that set the tone for a hard run. I'll bet this would have been a whole different run, if we had done it backwards and saved the gravel for the end. Regardless, we did it.

    ReplyDelete