Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Mike Vardo

The IT Band is still nagging at me.  I really haven't been stretching like I should.  I haven't been eating like I should.   I haven't even been running like I should.  It's nice to have 9 miles this week so far.

The Vardos were running tonight so I decided to give it a whirl.  It was only 4 miles so I could push through that if I had to.  It ended up feeling great.  I stretched for about as long as I ran tonight.  I'm sure that helped.  I discovered that MIKE WAZOWSKI! was there.  He was proud to say he completed a half marathon.  Later when I talked to him on the run he said he finished Des Moines Half.

Overall I felt very strong and I think all the stretching ahead of time really helped.  Later Vardotrichic made me aware of the Little Rock Marathon.  I am very intrigued by this one.  The pictures I see still imply that it will be cool, yet warmish.  I have wanted to do an early spring marathon.  It's a 10-hr drive one-way so it's possible to run and get back to teach again on Monday.




today's mileage: 4 miles running
weekly mileage: 9 miles running
monthly mileage: 9 miles running
annual mileage: 514 miles running; 415 miles riding; 10.6875 miles swimming
TOTAL mileage: 937

No comments:

Post a Comment