Monday, November 5, 2012

Needed break

Well, it has been 2 weeks since we ran Des Moines.  I was surprised how easily I completed that and how little I really prepared for it.  I wasn't nervous.  I didn't do a lot of mental preparation.  I just showed up and ran with my best friend!

I really wanted to get out this past weekend and run a medium run.  I thought it felt better to just stay in bed and relax however.  I was easily talked into just relaxing.  Finally tonight we went out for a little run.

It started off not so good. I really didn't think I was going to make it.  It's only an Ethanol Loop.  I can do this!  It truly felt like my first run around that loop.  I really pushed myself to keep going.  I watched as our time dropped.  Then about a little over a mile left my chest opened up, I took a deep breathe, and I felt like going strong.

While mile 3 was our fastest mile, I felt like we had a good strong finish.  It wasn't the best run we've ever had, but overall it was a good run.   I pushed through a difficult one and watched it blossom and grow throughout the race.



today's mileage: 5 miles running
weekly mileage: 5 miles running
monthly mileage: 5 miles running
annual mileage: 510 miles running; 415 miles riding; 10.6875 miles swimming
TOTAL mileage: 933

No comments:

Post a Comment