Monday, March 5, 2012

A Step Back

My goal tonight was 10-15 miles. I really wanted about at least 12, but settled for the minimum 10. I did some foam rolling and lots of stretching before I left. Last night I did some lunges and other exercises so my thighs were screaming at me. I think the stretching and rolling helped loosen those muscles.

I was hoping for nice weather when I walked out of school tonight because tomorrow is supposed to be in the upper 60s! I missed my big run this weekend and I won't be able to run tomorrow because of conferences so I had high hopes for today! I walked out of school and the winds were blowing like crazy - 18 mph crazy! I was going to do it! The winds were SSE so the Ellsworth run was going to be perfect.

I left school late today so I got a later start than I had anticipated. Rachael and I took off down the road. I felt great until about mile 2. We did a walking break about mile 3.5 and that was just what we needed to get our second wind. We took a break at Kum N Go and had a gel. We did a couple miles through town and then back to Jewell. Wow, I felt stronger than ever. We were on a roll. It was just like the old days of running - no stopping us!

We got back to town and I was exhausted again. ok I think 10 will be a good number to stop. To chart our pace mileage would look like a bell curve - fast start, slow middle, and fast ending, with the exception of the last mile, our slowest mile. It was a good mile to stop on. I was getting blisters on 3 of my toes.

Last week I looked at this blog post. I realized I was maybe a little stressed as I got "warning", one step away from "danger"! Yeah, I've been a little stressed. This explains why I've felt like I've taken a big step backward in my running. I do a few miles, want to stop/quit, and am totally wiped out by the end. I am hoping this passes quickly.

today's mileage: 10 miles
weekly mileage: 10 miles
monthly mileage: 15 miles
annual mileage: 145 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment