Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Mind vs Body

Well, the mind was strong but the body was weak.  I tried an Ethanol Loop tonight.  I really really wanted it to work, but my body isn't quite ready yet.  The legs were working great and wanted to run.  My mind was ready to push through about anything.  The chest was screaming, "STOP! You fool."  ack.  I listened to the body.

The weirdest thing was that I finally have a pretty good feel with my Garmin for where my best HR pace is.  VardoTriChic you're proud, right?  lol  For some reason I kept a close eye on my HR tonight.  I have determined that around 165 is my best pace.  I can do 170, but I start working then.  175 I'm feeling it.  180 I know my body will shut down in a short time!  After a couple miles I couldn't keep my HR below 175.  I did a lot of walking.  :(  This was very frustrating as I felt great, but couldn't keep it going.  If felt like if I was running, my HR would soar.  I couldn't run slowly enough to keep it low and still have a conversation.  Maybe my body is still trying to get rid of toxins.

I should maybe mention that it was around 82 degrees today and heat index probably a little higher.  I'm sure that didn't help!  I went through about 10-12 oz beverage in those 5 miles.  Sweating does not even begin to describe how hot I was.


today's mileage: 5 miles
weekly mileage: 5 miles
monthly mileage: 11 miles
annual mileage: 205 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment