Sunday, April 1, 2012

Roland 5K

Noelle wanted to run a 5K with me this morning so we entered the one in Randall. They were trying to raise money for a new athletic complex for the community. She was excited to be able to run with me so it was a good bonding time for her.

She started off REALLY fast, as I expected she would, 7:14 pace. I tried really hard to get her to slow down. We eventually got down to a 8:30ish pace, still really fast! She was tired about .6 miles into it. She pushed really hard through about 2 miles, walking a bit. Then we did the walk a block, run a block method. She had to go potty really bad so that was some motivation to keep her going. lol We ran the last 3 blocks, but she didn't have a fast run in her. :) She finished in about 34 minutes.

Part of the entrance fee was a pancake breakfast. I think this was the highlight of her run! She really enjoyed the eating afterward and talking to other people. I had fun running with her, but I think she's more of a sprinter than a distance runner.

today's mileage: 3 miles
weekly mileage: 8 miles
monthly mileage: 64 miles
annual mileage: 194 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment