Sunday, April 29, 2012

Splish Splash

Well, I didn't get out Saturday like I wanted to, so I set a goal of Sunday.  I was a bit bummed not running Drake this year, but it was cold, windy, and rainy so I guess it was a good year to sit out.  The winds were about 38 mph ESE.  That would be about the last 1/2 or so of running Drake.  Some good PRs were set, however.

I didn't wake up to get out on the pavement.  I didn't get out after lunch like I wanted too either.  Blairsburg citywide garage sales called to me in the early afternoon so I didn't get out after lunch.  ACK, will I ever get out running?!  As we were coming back from the garages sales (got some amazing deals!) the windshield was starting to get wet.  What?  It wasn't supposed to rain today!  The closer we got to home, the harder it rained.  ????  Darn it!

Nonetheless, got home, changed into some warmer running clothes, and headed out.  It was about 47 degrees, raining, and about 18mph SE winds.  Yeah, I can do this.  I only had 5 miles planned.  No, I didn't meet my goals this week, but I figured a June marathon is out of the question now anyway; I'll just get back into it slowly the way I should be doing it.  Rachael and I ran in a heavy drizzle and Bill biked a little ways.  We finally met up again about a block from home.  He was in the van!  Rachael and I were pretty much soaked, running into the wet wind and sweating the remaining dry clothes.  I was overdressed for sure.  We splashed a few holes and got splashed by a few cars passing us.

All in all, it was a good run.  We averaged 9:30 pace, which is a "sweet spot" for me.  We didn't waiver more than 10 seconds on either side of that and our fastest mile was the last mile.  I have somehow lost my ANT for my watch so I have just been saving the runs on the watch for the past 4 months or so.  :(  I can replace it for a price so we are looking to do that.  I really really miss looking at all the data online.    I'm sure this will be very handy with the biking as well.  Can't wait to replace it!


today's mileage: 5 miles running
weekly mileage: 10 miles running; 12 miles riding
monthly mileage: 16 miles running; 12 miles riding
annual mileage: 210 miles running; 12 miles riding
TOTAL mileage: 222

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to hear that your run went well!! Hopefully you have surpassed the trauma that was a part of the accident.

    FYI...If you get clips and shoes that "lock" into your bike, you will use more of your hamstrings and quads equally while biking and be much more efficient. I know this is down the road, but just thought I would give you the info :) You'll be doing triathlons before we know it!! :)

    ReplyDelete