Thursday, July 11, 2013

Brunch

We decided to go on a brunch ride and invited the TriHawk Group.  No one took us up on the offer.  We went anyway.  We were running about a 1/2 hour later than we scheduled due to crazy scheduling.

We decided to go to Story City for brunch, like a nice healthy cinnamon roll  :)  I had been dreading this for a long time as there are noticeable hills on the way back that suck all energy from me.  The trip down was good, but I was hoping I hadn't pushed it too much that I would bonk on the way home.  We stopped and had a yummy breakfast for much longer than I had anticipated we would, but it was a good break.  I had a veggie omelet - great protein!  I had felt dehydrated before I even started so I tried to drink plenty.  That didn't work so well, but I did drink quite a lot at the restaurant.  I think that helped me get home.

Interesting observation today: my knees hurt when I ride.  Bill thought maybe it was because I use a higher gear than he does going up hills.  I don't know if it really helped.  My knee was nasty when I got off and tried to run.  About 1/2 mi into the run it felt better.  I felt amazing!  Question for Vardotrichic: Is it better to have more rotations at a lower gear or fewer rotations at a higher gear?

Thought of a 1/2 Ironman entered my mind for most of this ride.  I think this is a possibility if there isn't a minimum time requirement for the swim.

Temperature: 77 degrees
Weather: mostly clear, 8mph SSE winds 
Motivation level: 10
Energy level: 6
Today's Quote: "Running shouldn't be dreaded; it should be time to let go of everything and start over."


today's mileage: 27 miles riding; 1 mile running; 1 mile walking
weekly mileage:  1400m swimming; 1 mile running; 1 mile walking; 27 miles riding
monthly mileage: 13 miles running; 15 mile walking; 2 miles biking; 1.16667miles swimming
annual mileage: 156 miles running; 235 miles walking; 58 miles riding; 2.19792 miles swimming
TOTAL mileage: 430 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment