Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Steubenville

Rachael and I attended a Catholic youth retreat last weekend.  After Reconciliation one night, Rachael called me and wanted to talk.  I asked if she wanted to go for a run.  It sounded like that was just what she needed.

We were all direction-turned so we didn't want to go too far, and the dorm was going to be locked in 30 min so we were limited by that, too.  We didn't really have running clothes, the Garmin or anything "necessary" for running, but we headed out.  Little did we know that this campus sat on top of hill.  No, wait, make that a mountain!  About 1/2 way down to the streets below I looked at Rachael, and said, "You know, what goes down must come up!"  I didn't think it could get any longer or steeper than the hill at the Camp Courageous Triathlon, but it did!  yikes.  I hadn't swam nor biked before this run and we still had to stop a couple times to get up that crazy hill, uh I mean mountainside.

I had no mental map so we would run down one street for a little bit and then turn around and come back.  I had set the timer on my phone to be sure we were back before they locked us out of the dorms. I really didn't want to sleep outside.  I figured we ran about 2 1/2 to 3 miles.  It was good to clear our minds and regain focus both mentally and spiritually.


Temperature: 62 degrees
Weather: overcast, light breeze
Motivation level: 9
Energy level: 4
Today's Quote: "You are never too young to start.  You are never too old to start.  Because running does not discriminate, it just lets you be a version of who you are."

today's mileage: 3 miles running; 6 mile walking
weekly mileage: 8 miles running; 14 mile walking; 3 miles biking
monthly mileage: 12 miles running; 40 miles walking; 14 miles riding; 1650m swimming
annual mileage: 142 miles running; 214 miles walking; 56 miles riding; 1.03125 miles swimming
TOTAL mileage: 409 miles

1 comment:

  1. Super Like!! Both physical and mental training...AWESOME!!

    ReplyDelete