Saturday, February 4, 2012

Rosy Cheeks

I wasn't going to do this, but I woke up this morning and wanted to do the Rosy Cheeks 5K Run in Story City this morning. It wasn't until 9:00, which was good for me, but the weather was icy and we were still expecting more snow and high winds. I texted a friend and she was unsure as well. We will run in snow and cold, but ice is a whole other story!

Long story short, we decided to go down there and check out how the streets were in town, if they sanded and how things were going there. Bill and I took one step out the back door and about fell flat on our faces! Bad sign. We picked up my running friend and headed south. The highway seemed fine so we kept going. Were we crazy?! Yes, we're runners! After some chatting with the volunteers there and checking out some streets, we decided we would attempt it.

Overall it was a good run and one that I may try again someday. There was some icy streets and a bridge, but we were able to find some traction, or at least some grass, to safely complete the run. We even made a PR to boot! I'd call it successful!

today's mileage: 3 miles
weekly mileage: 11 miles
monthly mileage: 8 miles
annual mileage: 78 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment