Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Inspiration

Running tonight was weird.  We started off with a 18:00 min pace.  Wait!  What?! How crazy is that?  There is no way we were going that slow.  I was getting winded.  When the watch clicked a mile, I looked again and we were doing more of a 9:00 min pace.  By the time we hit 2 miles we were doing sub 9:00 min pace.  By the end of 3 miles we were doing sub 8:00 min pace!  Yeah, that's crazy.  I was dog tired and realized that I must be an endurance athlete.  At the increasingly fast pace I couldn't help but feel I couldn't hold this up forever.  I had to stop.  No wait, I'm almost done.

As we were passing the grocery store I saw my friend who completed her first marathon.  She often talked about the inspiration I gave her.  Yes, you never know who you are inspiring.  I needed this quote today.


Temperature: 36 degrees
Weather: clear, nice
Motivation level: 8
Energy level: 5
Today's Quote: Be strong; you never know who you are inspiring.


today's mileage: 3 mile running
weekly mileage: 3 miles running
monthly mileage: 13 miles running; 9/31
annual mileage: 13 miles running; 0 miles riding; 0 miles swimming
TOTAL mileage: 20 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment