Friday, January 18, 2013

My Christmas Brooks

Santa was going to deliver new running shoes to Rachael and Mommy this Christmas, but apparently the workshop was working overtime and that didn't happen.  He left a note in our stockings that when they got done with them, he'd deliver them.  Well, the FedEx man delivered today!

While I love a new pair of shoes, it does take a few runs to break them in right.  These are weird shoes. It's the same shoe I wore for my first marathon so I am quite partial to them.  This specific pair is just not the same.  The tongue has a weird fold in them that bunches up when the laces are tied.  It puts pressure on the top of my foot on the toe bones.  It hurts to run.  I think I need to get a chiropractor appointment before I can accurately blame the shoes.

The quote today is quite fitting.  In the past couple months I have gained nearly 10 pounds and can't seem to shake them.  I've had a few too many pity parties for myself and stress at work continues to pile.  I know I can cut the 10 pounds easily, but for some reason they just aren't melting away.  I have finished the chocolate covered peanuts in my drawer at school so I am ready to cut back now.  Yeah, I'll blame the chocolates.  :)


Temperature: 46 degrees
Weather: overcast, cooler than expected
Motivation level: 3
Energy level: 6
Today's Quote: I plan on losing 15 pounds and I expect to see results in the morning.


today's mileage: 5 mile running
weekly mileage: 12 miles running
monthly mileage: 25 miles running; 18/31
annual mileage: 25 miles running; 0 miles riding; 0 miles swimming
TOTAL mileage: 43 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment