Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Dangling Mile

I was scheduled to run 4 miles with a friend this morning.  She usually comes to my house, but I decided to meet her at her house.  She is about .42 miles from me so I figured that would be a good warm up and I could get my fast start out of the way going over there.

What a great run!  I love the morning runs, waking up the sun, hearing the night time sounds, seeing a light fog form over the cornfields.  It was truly a beautiful morning.
I wasn't sure how it would go as I had had a few fast runs lately, which usually means my shins pay for it for days after.  I felt pretty good throughout, tired but good.  I'm hoping tomorrow's 7 miler will be equally good.

As we got back to town to the corner where she went left and I went straight, I found myself with a dangling mile.  Who stops a run with .63 left on the end?  Really?  I just had to finish off that mile so I actually complete 5 today rather than just 4.



Temperature: 62degrees
Weather: clear, no winds; 100% humidity
Motivation level: 9
Energy level: 8
Today's Quote: "The  most beautiful makeup for a woman is passion."


today's mileage: 5 miles running
weekly mileage:  5 miles running
monthly mileage: 11 miles running; 8 miles walking; 3 miles biking
annual mileage: 178 miles running; 268 miles walking; 61 miles riding; 2.19792 miles swimming
TOTAL mileage: 469 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment