Saturday, August 10, 2013

Return to Vardos

Having not really run for quite awhile, getting 24 miles in this week was a great accomplishment.  I loved how my legs felt.  I loved the fast endings to the runs.  I loved my running partners, but do really miss running with Bill.  I loved running with the Vardos.

This morning I got up early and ran with the Vardos at 6:00.  Rachael went with me.  We ran some ladies a little older than me at a little slower pace.  I needed that as I was contemplating doing the 6-mile loop twice for a total of 12 today.  Anticipating the school sprint tri on Monday and reflecting on the big week, I opted for just the single 6-miler.  This turned out to be a good thing.

My shins have started to hurt, but worse, my left hip was all out of whack.  I finally had enough, feeling like my left hip was about 3" higher than my right and trying to walk was a chore.  I called the chiropractor who got me in right away.  I had a nagging glitch in my neck that wouldn't go away either.  Tonight my hips seemed to have gone back to uncomfortable.  We went for a slow walk to try to work out the kink, but no luck.

Tonight I ran with my trainee.  Fortunately it was not a speed run, but a really slow run so I hobbled along.  I think that really helped.  I felt better afterwards.  We'll see how tomorrow looks.  Boy, those Vardos are hard on me.



Temperature: 54 degrees
Weather: clear, no winds; 98% humidity
Motivation level: 6
Energy level: 7
Today's Quote: "Running is not for whimps."


today's mileage: 8 miles running; 4 miles walking
weekly mileage:  26 miles running; 8 miles walking
monthly mileage: 32 miles running; 14 miles walking; 15 miles biking
annual mileage: 199 miles running; 274 miles walking; 73 miles riding; 2.19792 miles swimming
TOTAL mileage: 508 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment