Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Wake up. Breathe. Run.

This morning I woke up in a panic!  I thought I overslept and jumped out of bed!  I looked at the clock again trying mentally go through my prerun routine and how to condense it into the shortened time I had.  I then realized our clock was set ahead and my alarm wasn't ready to go off yet.  PHEW!

It was close enough that I just stayed up.  I started my routine and within a couple minutes my alarm went off.  I was very concerned about the run today so I did a lot of stretching.  Oh my.  I can barely bend at 90 degrees!  I had to get out the foam roller and get loosened up.  That helped.
As I started out the run to my friend's house I felt as if I was really stomping on my heels.  ugh, this is going to be a long run!  Once I met up with her I seemed to calm down a bit and get into a good flow.

I finished w part of mile dangling again.  I finished the 8th mile at a 8:34 pace!  My ankle and knee starting hurting a bit towards the end of the run, but it was a great finish.
Tomorrow: 4 miles, then some rest!
Monday: sprint tri


Temperature: 68 degrees
Weather: clear, no winds; 91% humidity
Motivation level: 6
Energy level: 5
Today's Quote: "Wake up.  Breathe.  Run."

today's mileage: 8 miles running
weekly mileage:  13 miles running
monthly mileage: 19 miles running; 10 miles walking; 3 miles biking
annual mileage: 186 miles running; 270 miles walking; 61 miles riding; 2.19792 miles swimming
TOTAL mileage: 479 miles

1 comment: