Friday, January 20, 2012

Extreme Makeover

Nothing like a couple of episodes of Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition to make the miles pass more quickly on the dreadmill. Yep, that's right eight miles inside going nowhere. It was the first time I ran this week. Yeah, pretty pathetic I know. I was full of excuses so while watching the first episode, the host, Chris Powell, said something to his client that really clicked with me. "For every excuse you give me, I'll make you give me 5 more reps!" While I may not run another 5 miles for every excuse I come up with for not running, it really made me think of why I'm out here. It was a good reflection time yet again.

I really wanted to stop or slow down many times. My motivation level has been so low, but I keep pushing through the resistance. I looked at the morbidly obese people on the show and thought, ok really, if they can do it, I can certainly finish this puny little run.

Yep, I did. It feels great! 1330+ calories and 170ish fat calories. Yeah, that's great. I stepped on the scale yesterday and was at my lowest weight in about 3 months, too! Yes I Can!

I've also been trying to do some cross training as well to increase strength, flexibility, and improve the core. I did a 25 min glute work a couple nights ago and shoveled the driveway today.


weekly mileage: 8 miles
monthly mileage: 43 miles
annual mileage: 43 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment