Wednesday, January 25, 2012

The legs are loving the sun!

Got home tonight and wanted to get a run in quick before leaving for church. I told Rachael if she wanted to go, she should change her clothes. We got a little later start than I wanted, which could have been the impetus to the run itself.

Wow, it was the first time out of the basement in over a week I think. I had on a light layer of clothes and it was b.e.a.u.t.i.f.u.l outside today. We started off quite fast. Fast, like <8:50 pace fast! I told Rachael we needed to slow down. We did. We slowed to an 8:56 pace! Yep, we just couldn't slow ourselves tonight. Our slowest mile was 9:11. By the time we were done, we averaged 9:01/mile. Oh that felt wonderful. I really needed that. Hopefully my shins don't regret it this week.

On a side note, I have been doing some strength and core training as well. It must be working because my shoulders were achy when I started tonight. It was a good achy though.

weekly mileage: 5 miles
monthly mileage: 58 miles
annual mileage: 58 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment