Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Welcome to 2012

This year commenced with a 5-mile Ethanol run with Rachael and Bill. We had a relatively fast pace of about 9:30. There was one slower mile to "rest" but ended with a 8:10 pace! wow. I'm not sure where that came from, but it was a great feeling.

An acquaintance I met at my first marathon in 2010 completed his 50 states status last month. It was fun to see him do that and inspire other runners to keep going, even if only for a few blocks at a time. Did I mention he is 66 years old? He plans to complete 70 marathons by the age of 70 and wants to get into ultramarathons of 30-40 miles. You go Massoud!

Tonight's run was a beautiful sunset run with a hazy view of the moon and Jupiter. Running helps me to slow down and smell the roses in life.

5 mile start

No comments:

Post a Comment