Monday, August 13, 2012

Iron Hawk #3 Completed

We woke up this morning with no kids so we went for an Ethanol Loop.  It turned out to be a fast lap with all negative splits.  I was so excited.  I haven't done that in a long time!  Bill was a maniac runner this morning!  I kept telling him to slow down or he wouldn't make it, but he just kept going and going and going!  wow.

After a few errands, I hopped on the bike to complete the biking portion of the Iron Hawk.  My dad is in town and wanted to ride a bit so we did a slooooooow Ethanol Loop on the bike.  I then went on the Roland Loop.  There were about 20 mph winds that were either a blast or kicking my backside.  wow.  The first half I averaged 18 mph.  I had the bike in the highest gears they would go and was still spinning as fast as I could.  I wanted to stick my tongue out the side of my mouth just to get the full effect of a dog out a car window.  The last half, well, not so fast, but very draining! 

Since Mother Nature and I haven't been seeing eye to eye this year, I think she shifted the winds on me part way through the first half.  On the way out east it was in my face and when I turned to go west it was in my face, too.  Hmm, fancy that!  I was beat when I got home, 42 miles later.


today's mileage: 5 miles running; 42 miles biking
weekly mileage: 5 miles running; 42 miles biking
monthly mileage: 24 miles running; 100 miles biking; 1.3125 miles swimming
annual mileage: 376 miles running; 415 miles riding; 9.9375 miles swimming
TOTAL mileage: 777

IRONWHAWK #3
running: 76 miles
riding: 112 miles
swimming: 4.2 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment