Friday, August 17, 2012

Last day of swimming

I was very rushed swimming as I had to get back to school in time for inservice this morning.  The swim didn't start off very well.  I was extremely stressed and mentally rushed.  I think that contributed a lot to the swim.   I almost got out of the water after 15 minutes, but I decided that this is what I needed so I continued.

A bad swim? This is what I needed?  Yes. Even the worst day of swimming seemed to be better than the best day at work at that point.  At least I knew I had a goal.  I had a destination.  I knew what I was working toward.  I knew the expectation.  I knew I could accomplish that goal.  Yes, this is what I needed: structure.

While I didn't have a great sense of accomplishment in the pool, I did relax and enjoy it.  As usual, I had some rather proficient-looking swimmers on each side of me.  I enjoy getting under water and watching their form, looking at what I am trying to do and see how other people are getting it.

In the end, it was a good day and just couldn't help but think, "this is my last lap", then "this is my last stroke" for the season.  Furman, I will miss you.  It's been a good run this summer.  Hopefully we'll meet again next season.



today's mileage: 1200m swimming
weekly mileage: 5 miles running; 42 miles biking; .75 miles swimming
monthly mileage: 24 miles running; 100 miles biking; 2.0625 miles swimming
annual mileage: 376 miles running; 415 miles riding; 10.6875 miles swimming
TOTAL mileage: 777

IRONWHAWK #4
running: 50 miles
riding: 0 miles
swimming: 2.55 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment