Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Mike Wazowski!

So my shins have been progressively more painful each day since Sunday.  My foot is getting better, but my shins are screaming at me!  I wasn't sure if I could do a run tonight or not, but I drug myself and lathered Biofreeze on my shins and the muscles just to the sides of them.  The foam roller hasn't seemed to help, either.

As per the Vardogram meeting spot tonight, I had to figure out where "Vardo Center" was so Mr. Vardotrichic helped me out with that one.  Thank you, sir!  :)  I loaded up Bill and Rachael as soon as he got home and we headed out.  With the hottest day scheduled all week, we also loaded up on beverage.

There was a new member, Mike _____.  I couldn't remember his name so in my mind I called him Mike Wazowski.  lol  Some of the Vardos did a 3 mile run, others did a 5 mile run.  I figured I should probably stick with the 3 miles to recover and let my shins heal a bit more.  I took off and felt great, like I could have done the 5 miles, but stuck with the 3 miles.  We soon realized that Mike Wazowski was the only other one who did the 3 miles so we stopped and waited for him.  We had a nice chat and he was a great gentleman.  It was a much slower pace than we wanted to do, but it was good to run with someone else.

We stuck around for about 15 minutes after we got back to wait for others, but then knew our pizza we ordered would be getting cold if we didn't leave.  HA.  As we were leaving we saw the 5 milers coming back and cheered them on through the window of the van.  They perked up and cheered back.  I love the Vardos!

Poopy!  I just looked at the weather and not sure if I can swim tomorrow.  I'm so sad because I think it's the last day before I go back to school.  :(


today's mileage: 3 miles running
weekly mileage: 3 miles running
monthly mileage: 10 miles running; 15.5 miles biking; 300m swimming
annual mileage: 362 miles running; 331 miles riding; 8.8125 miles swimming
TOTAL mileage: 684


IRONWHAWK #3
running: 62 miles
riding: 28 miles
swimming: 3.0125 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment