Saturday, August 18, 2012

Well THAT was unexpected!

I knew I wanted to run this morning but couldn't make it to Ames because we have some girls sleeping over for Rachael's birthday.  A friend I like to run with is marathon training so I thought she might like some company on her long run.  I called her to see and yep, she was running today.... 20miles!  Hmmm, I thought 20?!  I can't do 20.  The longest run I've done all summer has been like 13 miles.  Sheez.  I told her I would run, but probably wouldn't do all 20.

We got to 7 miles and Bill thought he better stop so went another mile back home.  It was good to run with him, too.  I got to 10 miles and felt so amazingly awesome that I might be able to do the full 20!  OK 15 is my goal.  We got to our turn-around point and started coming back.  We got to 15 miles and I was starting to get a bit tired, but really felt great so I kept going.  I could tell my partner was starting to fade so I just started chattering like a jaybird.  Whatever entered my head I talked about.

The last couple miles were really tough for her, but we made it through!  We stopped and had a few walking breaks, but I just kept pushing along and chattering.  I think I even skipped for a bit.  lol  Boy I wish every run was like that one!  It was a slow pace, but it seemed very easy.  I really think I could have completed a full marathon today!  If I wasn't pressed to for time I just might have done an extra Ethanol Loop just to complete the marathon distance.

Yeah, that was really unexpected.   I loved every minute of it!

today's mileage: 20 miles running; 1200m swimming
weekly mileage: 25 miles running; 42 miles biking; .75 miles swimming
monthly mileage: 44 miles running; 100 miles biking; 2.0625 miles swimming
annual mileage: 396 miles running; 415 miles riding; 10.6875 miles swimming
TOTAL mileage: 797

IRONWHAWK #4
running: 70 miles
riding: 0 miles
swimming: 2.55 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment