Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Stormy swim

This morning I woke up to raging storms in the southern skies and knew I wouldn't be able to swim today.  :(  I was so very sad.  I went back to sleep, hoping when I woke up it would be just a bad dream.  I woke up and it was still lightening and I could hear thunder.  Darn it!  Mother Nature and I have not been the best of friends this year and she is now on my hit list again.

At lunchtime I decided that I would go up to the local pool for the free hour swim because I was determined to make progress today!  I got in and acclimated myself to the water and took off swimming.  I tried to rotate my arms more today, getting more cycles in than usual.  I think I was breathing the same, just moving faster in the pool.  I was able to breathe every 3 strokes and make a full lap consistently (50 m).  YEAH!  I took short breaks at the end of each lap, but was able to get in a little over a mile in about 40-45 min.  I focused on my breathing, rotating, and swinging of the arms.

I love to end on a great day.  I fear this may be my last day of swimming.  :(  I have until Aug 31 to complete my weekly swims in Ames, but school starts next week and it will be tricky.  I may try to sneak in one more swim next week since I don't have to look so professional for inservice days.  Then I can get as much swimming in as possible and walk in at the last minute like my colleagues!  HA.  I will miss this time in the pool each week.  Bye bye summer....




today's mileage: 1800 m swimming
weekly mileage: 3 miles running; 1800 m swimming
monthly mileage: 10 miles running; 15.5 miles biking; 1.3125 miles swimming
annual mileage: 362 miles running; 331 miles riding; 9.9375 miles swimming
TOTAL mileage: 684

IRONWHAWK #3
running: 62 miles
riding: 28 miles
swimming: 4.2 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment