Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Bypass

Today was a long day wearing heels!  I really just wanted to come home and crash, but as I entered the door at 7:00 tonight I decided to take Rachael out running.  Bill, Noelle, and the babies were out of town so ti was a perfect night.  The weather was great and I couldn't pass up this opportunity.

Last night I felt great and really wanted another night of good running.  I can do this!  Just a couple months ago I was running 16 miles.  That's almost the end of marathon training.  I'm strong.  I have the endurance.  I can do this.  Yes, I needed some self-talk tonight. Rachael was not very chatty.

It must be the end of the school year - I was fed twice today! While I'm trying to watch my calories and lose some inches, I did actually partake the in culinary enjoyment.  :)  First go-round was Pizza Ranch pizza. mmmm.  There was also apple dessert pizza.  That's right: only 2 pieces and dessert bypass #1.  Tonight was the senior's award's banquet, complete with a pasta bar.  Although I filled my plate with yummy pasta smothered with chicken alfredo sauce, I successfully managed dessert bypass #2: cheesecake buffet.  Two plates sat within arm's reach the entire meal!  Yep, it was a successful day.



today's mileage: 5 miles running
weekly mileage: 8 miles running
monthly mileage: 12 miles running; 47 miles riding
annual mileage: 221 miles running; 59 miles riding
TOTAL mileage: 281

No comments:

Post a Comment