Thursday, May 3, 2012

Post Partum

A colleague of mine who has been doing sprint tris invited me to a ride.  We have been trying to coordinate our schedules and we finally both were able to do a ride last night.  We met at school and then rode the Kamrar Loop.

There were a couple of big hills, but I did pretty well for my first big ride.  I think I want to take Bill on this route!  With the wind we were doing about 20-22mph.  Against the wind we were still able to maintain 15+mph.  We finished 21 miles in about 1 hr 15 min.  I took along some beverage and I was glad I did.  That was a good treat!

OK, I know this isn't a long ride in the big picture, but dang, I was going numb on the underside and felt like I just gave birth.  I hope this is just a side effect of being "green" on the bike.  By the end my right middle toes were going numb as well.  This happens on long runs so I think I need to exercise parts other than my legs!



today's mileage: 22 miles riding
weekly mileage: 27 miles riding
monthly mileage: 0 miles running; 27 miles riding
annual mileage: 210 miles running; 39 miles riding
TOTAL mileage: 249

No comments:

Post a Comment