Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Negative splits

I knew I was on a recovery run, but this was started off as if I wasn't going to finish!  I've certainly had worse runs, and this was definitely headed in that direction.  Somewhere in the second mile I finally got things together and was able to move forward.

After the last 11-mile run a couple days ago that was so incredibly slow, I really just wanted to have anything less than a 10-min pace.  These were my splits:
mile 1 - 9:53
mile 2 - 9:50
mile 3 - 9:40
mile 4 - 9:24
mile 5 - 9:27
average: 9:39
While I had a rough start, Rachael had a rough ending.  She got a side ache that really pulled her down at the end so we slowed to let her work through that.  All in all, it was a good run.  Anytime you can do negative splits like this, it's a great run!



today's mileage: 5 miles running
weekly mileage: 5 miles running
monthly mileage: 34 miles running; 67 miles riding
annual mileage: 243 miles running; 79 miles riding
TOTAL mileage: 312

No comments:

Post a Comment