Saturday, May 5, 2012

Great find!

It was sooo hot today!  It was mid 80s and 21mph winds from ESE.  Bill and I rode the Kamrar Loop.  It's a perfect 20 mile loop for us.  We averaged 12.8 mph.  Again with the wind it was 20+mph and into the wind about 12.  It seemed much slower than that, but it was all around a good ride.

About mile 7 I dropped my water bottle and had to turn around and pick it up.  About mile 8 Bill got a huge bug in his helmet so we stopped about mile 10 to be sure he didn't sting him or was still stuck in his helmet.  The headwind was quite strong today, or so it seemed.  Bill wanted to extend ride a bit more by going around the Ethanol Loop.  Once we got to the turn off I was so spent and "post-partum" set in that I just had to get home.  About mile 18 my numb toe(s) issue arose again.  I'm sure this will all correct itself someday with more miles.  Could have also been the heat or lack of sleep as well.

I think I got the gearing figured out.  However, sometimes I can't get the front gears to downshift.  They seem to go up ok, but not down.  I'll have to talk to the bike shop about this and see what they say.  I still really love this bike and am glad I took the plunge into the bike world.

We found a steal on a garage sale today!  It was a bike rack for the van. We can how haul them to a bike path and ride.









today's mileage: 20 miles riding
weekly mileage: 47 miles riding
monthly mileage: 0 miles running; 47 miles riding
annual mileage: 210 miles running; 59 miles riding
TOTAL mileage: 269

No comments:

Post a Comment