Friday, July 20, 2012

cool, humid, hills

Woke up this morning and was met with cool humidity: 63 degrees and 90% humidity.  Not bad for a week of near 100 degrees.

Our first miles was with a friend who has been doing laps around her house in the country!  About a month ago we ran with her and she stopped 2 times in a mile.  This time she only stopped once!  Our pace?  Yeah, well, that was a bout a 19:00 mile.  I think I can walk faster than that.  We'll have to work on that.

After that, Bill and I went out for a run.  I wanted to get some more hills in and alternative running paths to work on the upcoming tri so we headed out to the 3 mile loop of the train overpass and then around the cemetery on the bike path.  I was really working hard on this run for some reason and it was good to have Bill there to pull me along, but managed a 9:37 pace.  I am just hoping for low temps and low humidity on race day.  This is good training for me, right?

OK so I came across a link online to identify your ideal workout heart rate.  Yeah, I put in my age and it said I should be between 114-143.  What?  I'm just getting started with that range!  I think I function best on a run when I'm between 160-167.  I definitely know when I've hit 170 or higher, but that just seemed soooo low for me.  I'll just keep on keeping on.



today's mileage: 4 miles running
weekly mileage: 7 miles running; 10 miles biking; .1875 miles swimming
monthly mileage: 47 miles running; 10 miles biking; 3.5625 miles swimming
annual mileage: 344 miles running; 216 miles riding; 6.9375 miles swimming
TOTAL mileage: 573


IRONWHAWK #2
running:  75 miles
riding: 25 miles
swimming: 4.5375 miles



No comments:

Post a Comment