Saturday, July 7, 2012

Team Vardo

I was invited to run with the Vardos this morning.  How exciting!  With my 9 miles yesterday, I completed 15 in 24 hours, and 18 for the week.  This feels good to be out again.  I'm having a great week of workouts, just wish it could always be like this.

The heat index was quite high again today with continued advisories.   When I stepped out the back door to go to Ames it felt mildly cool so I was excited for that.  By the time we were done running, I had sweat dripping off my elbows!  I think that is the most I've ever sweat.  The humidity was really high so that made us sweat.  A lot.

I got to run with a variety of people and it was a great change of pace for me - just what I needed.  I also ran with Mr Vardotrichic, who is fun to listen to.  I love being with a group of people who are all so encouraging and welcoming.  Everyone had a place and everyone felt important.  It was like race day!  Bonus: water in the middle of the run and fruit at the end of the run.  Wow, wasn't expecting that one.  I love the vardos!



today's mileage: 6 miles running
weekly mileage: 18 miles running; 1600m swimming
monthly mileage: 18 miles running; 1.8125 miles swimming
annual mileage: 315 miles running; 206 miles riding; 5.1875 miles swimming
TOTAL mileage: 534


IRONWHAWK #2
running:  46 miles
riding: 15 miles
swimming: 2.7875 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment