Sunday, July 15, 2012

New Record

Today I reached a new record in about 3 months - 15 miles!  It was nice to be in the mid teens again.

A friend had contacted me earlier in the week and wanted to run.  She is training for a marathon and her long run day is on Sunday.  She has been struggling with the long runs so I said I would run with her.  It was a very slow run for me, but a good one.  I really think I could have completed the marathon today!  I was tired, but got through the middle miles and still a lot in me.

The temps were nice and cool this morning (upper 60s), but the humidity was 100%.  I was afraid we would run into some fog as the temperatures rose with the sun.  Fortunately, it did not.  YEAH.  My partner was getting a little tired and I think she really pushed herself, especially toward the end, but we both made it!  I love to see people go farther than they ever thought possible.



today's mileage: 20 miles running
weekly mileage: 20 miles running; 1.5625 miles swimming
monthly mileage: 41 miles running; 3.375 miles swimming
annual mileage: 338 miles running; 206 miles riding; 6.75 miles swimming
TOTAL mileage: 557


IRONWHAWK #2
running:  69 miles
riding: 15 miles
swimming: 4.35 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment