Friday, June 15, 2012

Making Progress

I know this is my blog, but I've been doing a lot of running with other people for the Iron Hawks Challenge and am so excited about what they are doing.  One lady who could hardly run a mile with me 3 weeks ago ran 2 miles easily today!  YEAH!  She looked so confident and just smiled the whole way.  How fun to see that.  We also got another lady started running.  She completed a mile with us, too.  She was so nervous, but it was good for the 2-mile lady to see how far she had come watching her run/walk.  :)

There is something weird going on with my Garmin.  I downloaded the runs this morning and only the second run showed up online.  I can't seem to get the first one.  Darn it!

The second run with a 3-miler with an experienced runner.  I think I pushed her pretty hard because she was really huffing and puffing so I slowed down a bit.  The last half mile she said I could just run ahead so I know I was maybe going too fast.  oops.  My shins were still screaming at me from the fast run earlier this week.

I decided if no one showed up for the 5mile run I would just go home.  Yeah, no one showed up.  I got a break.  My goal for today was 14 miles, but I got up and it was soooo hot and humid today.  I figured it would be better for me to take a break and just rest.  I have really pushed it a lot this week so I'm ok with no finishing.

My swimming realization for today:  Yes, I know I didn't swim today, but my mind is still trying wrap itself around getting this right!  I also noticed that when I breathe hard during a run I have a slight pucker and breathe out through my mouth.  I think I do this with swimming, too, when it's working right.



today's mileage: 5 miles running
weekly mileage: 16 miles running; 52 miles riding; 3700m swimming
monthly mileage: 41 miles running; 127 miles riding; 3.375 miles swimming
annual mileage: 287 miles running; 206 miles riding; 3.375 miles swimming
TOTAL mileage: 503

No comments:

Post a Comment