Monday, June 18, 2012

JUMP SHIP!!

My goal was 14 miles.  Close enough for me.  Temperatures were forecasted in the upper 90s and heat indices around 104!  I woke up at 4:00 this morning and started running just before 5:00 to avoid the heat.  It was 76 degrees and 27mph winds this morning when we started.

Rachael and I headed out this morning and I knew it was going to be rough because Rachael wasn't talking.  She was so grumpy and didn't want to get up this morning.  We got about 4 miles into the run and Rachael was by the highway not feeling well.  She got that out and we headed back home.  It was a run-walk after that.  When I saw the grimace on her face or her breathing picking up too much, we stopped and took a walking break.  This was one of those days where we probably should have jumped ship and abandoned the run, but we kept moving forward.

After 10 miles, we were back at the house and I was transferring to run with another partner.  It was a slow run, but kinda what I needed at that point.  She was also having a rough run so I continued the run-walk.  By the end, she was made it farther than she had ever run.  I'd love to get her in a 5k in a couple weeks and then a 1/2 marathon this fall.



today's mileage: 13 miles running
weekly mileage: 13 miles running
monthly mileage: 54 miles running; 127 miles riding; 3.375 miles swimming
annual mileage: 300 miles running; 206 miles riding; 3.375 miles swimming
TOTAL mileage: 516


IRONWHAWK #2
running:  28 miles
riding: 15 miles
swimming: .975 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment