Thursday, June 7, 2012

new high

Did my first 30-mile ride today!  It wasn't continuous, but it was 30 miles.  For the IronHawk Challenge, we set up a group ride: 15 miles, 10 miles, and 5 miles, similar to the runs last week and repeated again this week.  To my surprise, NO ONE showed up!  I couldn't believe it, not a single person biked with us!

My first ride averaged over about 17 mph.  I really pushed it and felt great about that one.  There were ominous clouds moving in so it was good to get the long ride done first.  We had a different route so that helped to change things up a bit, too.    I then had to really work to get the last 15 completed.

Realization #1: I think I also need to think about some nutrition on these rides.  Around mile 18-20ish I start to feel sluggish like I should have a gel or something.
Realization #2: I ride the best at a 3:30 pace.
Realization #3: When it rains, the padding in the shorts works better than a sponge to soak up the water!



today's mileage: 30 miles riding
weekly mileage: 0 miles running; 30 miles riding; .8125 mile swim
monthly mileage: 13 miles running; 65 miles riding
annual mileage: 259 miles running; 144 miles riding
TOTAL mileage: 413

No comments:

Post a Comment